Moving For Life
Moving For Life™ emphasizes safe, gentle, gradated aerobic exercise as recommended by both the American Cancer Society and American College of Sports Medicine as beneficial not only during treatment and recovery, but also in preventing recurrence.
Designed by an exercise physiologist in conjunction with medical advisors, the program addresses the full spectrum of the cancer experience from diagnosis through post-recovery and is safe to begin even while in treatment.
Through accessible instruction class members can learn the anatomical and exercise knowledge to take control of their post-treatment healing and become as active as possible:
- Uplifting, yet mindful movement
- Increase energy
- Reduce joint pain
- Improve muscle tone and circulation
- Promote lymphatic drainage
- Increase your range of motion
- Reduce symptoms of neuropathy
- Fun, supportive atmosphere
- Work at your own pace
- Awaken & enliven your whole body
- Seated adaptations available
- No getting down & up from the floor
- Class emphasizes joy, wellness and community and benefits anyone with cancer or who needs to safely get moving.
- Every class member receives personalized instruction and is guided to build greater awareness of, respect for, and control of all parts of the body (helping body image and self-respect).Upbeat music and free movement serves as an antidote to depression, doing so with others counteracts isolation.
Learn more about Moving For Life™